Friday, June 4, 2010

Like, Love, and Lust.

Okay so I was ranting to someone recently about the misconceptions people have about "Liking" someone and "Loving" someone.
Apparently some people believe that in order to "Like" someone means it has no "Lust" [aka hormones] involved.
Well Earth to People!
You cannot want to develop anything but a completely PLUTONIC [Read:just friends] relationship with someone unless there is LUST [hormones] involved. There has to be that PHYSICAL attraction as well, otherwise you are going to end up married to someone you don't want to have marital interactions with [SEX].
However, I think you SHOULD know someone before you decide to make with the Lovey Dovey shit...
Its is waaaaay easier to pull a relationship out of a friendship with some hormones added, than trying to pull together a relationship out of JUST hormones.
You have to have a certain amount of interest in a person, not just in their body, in order to build that AMAZING connection.
But you just don't wake up in the morning and Decide you're in Love. There are stages... Like the "I'm mildly interested in what this person is saying" Stage, and then the "OMG I NEED TO JUMP THEIR BONES" stage, and then the mix of the frist two which ends up being the "Lets get some coffee, fuck, and then have deep conversations in bed" stage, and finally "I really dig this guy/girl, LETS GET MARRIED" stage...
All of which is followed by a whole different set of degrees of Love... its the getting there part that I'm focusing on today though. (I feel the need to state, that no I do not believe sex before marriage is always right for people and actually I really respect people who wait for marriage, but DAMN its hard to resist.) Anyhow....

In short...
Hormones are a necessary part of a relationship, don't be scared of physical attraction, its natural, its normal, and you can't have Love without Lust.
Well... you can...
It would just be that "I love you like I love my mother" kind of thing...
And I think we can all agree that that would just be weird.

Because I'm Bored and I can.
Thats Why.

No comments:

Post a Comment